Saturday, April 26, 2008

Regaining my Perspective

I love my kids. I really do.

They are good kids. They love each other. There are mornings that I find them snuggling together, giggling and planning their day.

It's not uncommon to walk in on them on their knees praying for Miss Jen.

Hunter loves to read his Bible at night. Maddy loves to care for others.

Driving to school, they will hold hands while planning their recess adventures.

Today at the pool, I watched as they played together as though no one else existed.

Together they warded off the bullies who attempted to push past or drown every small child in the endless river. They were self appointed guardians. My question is where were the big kids going in such a hurry. They were in the endless river. Could it really be that important to get "ahead" of everyone else? Seriously. They were only headed to the same place-hence the term endless.

I know, I know. It sounds to good to be true. Yeah, well sometimes it is. I have left out the several examples in the last 24 hours of their selfish attitude and air of entitlement. Why? Because left to that outlook, I would probably lock myself in my room and rock back and forth for hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gracious - we are struggling with the same thing!! But, I don't have any good examples to share!! I'm still praying for some!!

Walking in the Light

Wow! This year year has been a whirlwind to say the least. I am shocked we are near the half way point in February. Part of me wants to dance. If the start of the year is any indication of how it is going to go, I am happy it's flying by. I will usher in 2009 with bells and whistles.

Yet, I am humbly reminded that every day is a gift, and I need to walk in the Light. I need to let Him guide me through each day. I need to listen to His still, quiet voice...Yeah I know for me that's a stretch. I'm never still long enough to catch my breath.

As I write this, our dear neighbor of ten years is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I am awed by the faith she has in God. I am humbled by the fight she has within her to beat the demon we know as cancer. Hunter, in his six year old wisdom said to me, "Mommy, why are you sad? We are just going to pray and Jesus is going to make her better." The faith of a child and the living testimony of one who is dwelling in God's amazing grace reminds me to walk daily in the His unfailing light.