Sunday, April 6, 2008

Midnight Madness


Hunter came in our room about 4 am Saturday morning to declare that he had not handled Midnight Madness (school activity) very well.

My first thought, "Great, now what did he do?"

My next didn't register so quickly. All I knew was that I was being covered in puke.

Two hours later, to the minute, Maddy was sick. Paul, being the Chef that he is, deduced that the pizza at the party had sat out too long before service, incubated, bacteria formed, blah, blah, blah.

I didn't disagree, of course. I just thanked God they hadn't chosen to sleepover. Then I thought, good Lord those poor teachers. I had visions of an infirmary-Children and teachers alike all with bags and buckets nearby.

Then I learned the new horror. My mom was getting sick, down the street at the exact time Maddy was.

Later Saturday, we confirmed with the doctor that they had food born illness-apparently that new pc way of diagnosing food poisoning. Whatever, all I know is that someone at the "home of the filth" did not wash their hands after going to the bathroom. UGH!!!

You bet the Health Department got an ear full on that! Think of it, my personality, my babies sick. Can you imagine how I handled it?

Yeah well, I couldn't get a word in edgewise. Apparently, Paul does have a dark side. Get a Chef's kid sick-Oh dear! Seriously.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

I really wanted there to be another way for that to happen. I really wanted it to not involved any fecal matter. I really did.

I know, I know, I submit to the authority of all things ecoli. But I really wanted it to be false.

Walking in the Light

Wow! This year year has been a whirlwind to say the least. I am shocked we are near the half way point in February. Part of me wants to dance. If the start of the year is any indication of how it is going to go, I am happy it's flying by. I will usher in 2009 with bells and whistles.

Yet, I am humbly reminded that every day is a gift, and I need to walk in the Light. I need to let Him guide me through each day. I need to listen to His still, quiet voice...Yeah I know for me that's a stretch. I'm never still long enough to catch my breath.

As I write this, our dear neighbor of ten years is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I am awed by the faith she has in God. I am humbled by the fight she has within her to beat the demon we know as cancer. Hunter, in his six year old wisdom said to me, "Mommy, why are you sad? We are just going to pray and Jesus is going to make her better." The faith of a child and the living testimony of one who is dwelling in God's amazing grace reminds me to walk daily in the His unfailing light.