Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bragging Rights

Hold on to your seats...I have to take a minute to brag about the BeeGee-that's short for Baby Girl. It's the nickname Paul gave Maddy weeks after she came home from the hospital.

Anyway...

She had a swim meet today and like a rock star took 2 2nd place finishes and a 3rd. She took 2nd in the 50m breast stroke, 100m IM and 3rd in the 50m fly-she was racing boys in the fly.

My next bumper sticker will read, "My daughter can swim faster than your son." You go girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool!! I used to be on the swim team - but those boys always beat me! Good job!!

Walking in the Light

Wow! This year year has been a whirlwind to say the least. I am shocked we are near the half way point in February. Part of me wants to dance. If the start of the year is any indication of how it is going to go, I am happy it's flying by. I will usher in 2009 with bells and whistles.

Yet, I am humbly reminded that every day is a gift, and I need to walk in the Light. I need to let Him guide me through each day. I need to listen to His still, quiet voice...Yeah I know for me that's a stretch. I'm never still long enough to catch my breath.

As I write this, our dear neighbor of ten years is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I am awed by the faith she has in God. I am humbled by the fight she has within her to beat the demon we know as cancer. Hunter, in his six year old wisdom said to me, "Mommy, why are you sad? We are just going to pray and Jesus is going to make her better." The faith of a child and the living testimony of one who is dwelling in God's amazing grace reminds me to walk daily in the His unfailing light.