Thursday, July 10, 2008

MIA

I know that I have been MIA the last couple of weeks. I have been consumed by Jen. She is fighting the fight of her life. Some how blogging seems so insignificant.

But the last two weeks have been filled with fun, joy and humor in spite of the heartache of watching Jen suffer.

We had the privilege of having Kaitie, Brandyn, and Krystie over to play the weekend before last. It was so amazing to watch all five kids be kids. Their innocent joy was so healing. They had water fights, played the wii, ate ice cream, and baked in the hot Colorado sun.

We bar-b-qued burgers and corn and ate watermelon. Summer at its best.

Fourth of July weekend brought the opportunity to spend some time with Jen. What a blessing. Paul urged me to go over. Praise God for a man of wisdom.

She is the most amazing woman I have ever met. As I reflect on the 11 years of friendship, I am in awe of how we have both grown. We were young mom's together. We wondered when we were going to have a house uncluttered by toys. As the kids have grown, we have lived through many adventures.

I have taken her for granted. Somehow, I assumed that we would always be neighbors. We would always be the "Emergency Contact" for all the school and field trip forms.
The babysitters would always know the Miller's were the go to family if anything happened.

I watch in disbelief as my dear friend fights her Pancreatic Cancer. I am awed by her faith and determination.

I still pray even at this dark hour for her healing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my friend - I am so sorry you are having to watch a friend suffer - but I'm sure Jen is so thankful for you, your prayers, and your encouragement. We will continue to pray!!

Walking in the Light

Wow! This year year has been a whirlwind to say the least. I am shocked we are near the half way point in February. Part of me wants to dance. If the start of the year is any indication of how it is going to go, I am happy it's flying by. I will usher in 2009 with bells and whistles.

Yet, I am humbly reminded that every day is a gift, and I need to walk in the Light. I need to let Him guide me through each day. I need to listen to His still, quiet voice...Yeah I know for me that's a stretch. I'm never still long enough to catch my breath.

As I write this, our dear neighbor of ten years is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I am awed by the faith she has in God. I am humbled by the fight she has within her to beat the demon we know as cancer. Hunter, in his six year old wisdom said to me, "Mommy, why are you sad? We are just going to pray and Jesus is going to make her better." The faith of a child and the living testimony of one who is dwelling in God's amazing grace reminds me to walk daily in the His unfailing light.