Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What am I gonna do with him?

Everyone seems to love Hunter. Where ever we go, he makes friends. Strangers are happy to see him. He shows the love of Jesus to everyone. I know I can count on him to reach out to kids who need a friend.

For some kids he is like a magnet. If you need a friend or you are left out, Hunter will rescue you and you will never be without a friend again. If Hunter says you're cool, then everyone believes you're cool. His teachers and coaches can't believe how much he cares for others.

I love this about him. I love his compassionate, caring heart. He lives out the verse that says, "A friend loves at all times..." His life's mission is to care for the underdog.

So what's the problem? He's smart. Nothing seems hard for him. He just memorized 4 verses for Awanas in the last 15 minutes while I was typing this. Why am I frustrated? WE LEAVE FOR AWANAS IN 10 MINUTES. He had all week. He's the same with school work.

SO...I pose this question...What am I gonna do with him?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh girl - I don't know - he sounds like a certain Khristopher Dean!!!

Holly said...

hey if he can memorize his stuff in 10 minutes why not procrastinate! He'll be set for the real world!

Walking in the Light

Wow! This year year has been a whirlwind to say the least. I am shocked we are near the half way point in February. Part of me wants to dance. If the start of the year is any indication of how it is going to go, I am happy it's flying by. I will usher in 2009 with bells and whistles.

Yet, I am humbly reminded that every day is a gift, and I need to walk in the Light. I need to let Him guide me through each day. I need to listen to His still, quiet voice...Yeah I know for me that's a stretch. I'm never still long enough to catch my breath.

As I write this, our dear neighbor of ten years is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I am awed by the faith she has in God. I am humbled by the fight she has within her to beat the demon we know as cancer. Hunter, in his six year old wisdom said to me, "Mommy, why are you sad? We are just going to pray and Jesus is going to make her better." The faith of a child and the living testimony of one who is dwelling in God's amazing grace reminds me to walk daily in the His unfailing light.