Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Seriously

I have officially lost it.

This morning was one of those morning. Don't tell me you don't know what kind of morning I'm talking about. It was one of THOSE mornings.

It started off easy enough. Maddy and Paul left for swim team pictures at 6:40 AM. I packed lunches, watered the plants outside, fed Koda, and woke Hunter up to tell him I would be in the shower if he was looking for me.

Maddy finished pictures, came home, and helped out with Koda. Hunter was still not up. I went back to wake him at 8. He got up, reluctantly. I started getting ready, realizing that I had not yet fed Hunter.

I went down stairs, told Hunter we were short on time because it was late, and listed the choices...
1. Toast and yogurt
2. scrambled eggs
3. cereal.

I was met with a stomped foot and "Oh man, I wanted pancakes." This set me off.

Did I respond with, "Those are the choices. You can pick from them or go to school without breakfast."

Oh no, I opted to react with the same "mature" behavior. I dramatically got the supplies for pancakes, all the while lecturing on how inconsiderate he was being considering my hair was still wet, my makeup was not on and it was 8:33. We had to leave in less than 25 minutes to make it on time.

I told him it was fine I would go to work ugly and look ridiculous so he could have pancakes. I told him if we were late he would lose his DS for a week.

While observing this, Maddy pipes in with, "Oh, can I have some pancakes too."

Are you kidding me, do you not HEAR or SEE what is going on around you...Sure you can have pancakes, why not?

Can I make those chocolate chip for you, sweetie? How would you like those cooked?

I wanted to scream NO-N-O-NO that spells NO. I should have said, "No, I listed the choices. If you are still hungry you can pick from those."

Did I say that, Oh no! I launched into another soliloquy about how the pants I had on were 5 years old. I wanted to know when I was going to get to go shopping for new clothes. This seems off topic, but considering our weekend shopping experience and Madison's opinion that she is the only one in family that needs new clothes, it fit trust me.

Like I said in the beginning...I have officially lost it.

No comments:

Walking in the Light

Wow! This year year has been a whirlwind to say the least. I am shocked we are near the half way point in February. Part of me wants to dance. If the start of the year is any indication of how it is going to go, I am happy it's flying by. I will usher in 2009 with bells and whistles.

Yet, I am humbly reminded that every day is a gift, and I need to walk in the Light. I need to let Him guide me through each day. I need to listen to His still, quiet voice...Yeah I know for me that's a stretch. I'm never still long enough to catch my breath.

As I write this, our dear neighbor of ten years is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I am awed by the faith she has in God. I am humbled by the fight she has within her to beat the demon we know as cancer. Hunter, in his six year old wisdom said to me, "Mommy, why are you sad? We are just going to pray and Jesus is going to make her better." The faith of a child and the living testimony of one who is dwelling in God's amazing grace reminds me to walk daily in the His unfailing light.