Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Gottcha!

The tooth fairy needed to pay a visit to the Worley's this week. Maddy came home Monday missing a tooth.

This was somewhat of a surprise as we did not, or should I say, I did not know the tooth was loose. I know you're thinking that this is not surprising, but when I say I micromanage everything-I mean there is no stone unturned in our house.

She enjoyed a carmel apple sucker during lunch and in the process launched the tooth from its resting place in her gums.

Well, at 2 am I awoke to Koda whining. Time for a potty stop. I made my way downstairs to let him out. After taking care of business, I headed back upstairs anxious to go back to sleep.

As I tried to nestle back into sleep, I began dreaming that all my teeth were falling out. Common dream. Can't explain it. I just suffer through it.

Anyway, I sat straight up in bed realizing that Paul and I had both forgotten the duty of the Tooth Fairy. I frantically woke Paul up and sent him off to complete the delivery of the dinero.
30 seconds later he's back.

"Um, yeah she's awake."

"What do you mean she's awake."

"I mean, 'Hi, Daddy' she's awake."

"No she's not, sometimes she seems awake but she isn't. Try again."

30 seconds later.

"Yeah she's awake."

I proceed to take care of it because obviously this calls for mom. So off I go to cover up any chance that we have blown our cover. And honestly to see for myself because I am sure to some extent Paul is, well, inaccurate. She is absolutely asleep. I'm sure of it.

OOPS!

"Honey, what's wrong, daddy said that you're awake."

"I don't know mommy, but it's a good thing I am."

"Why is that?"

"Because Daddy's trying to steal my money!"

No comments:

Walking in the Light

Wow! This year year has been a whirlwind to say the least. I am shocked we are near the half way point in February. Part of me wants to dance. If the start of the year is any indication of how it is going to go, I am happy it's flying by. I will usher in 2009 with bells and whistles.

Yet, I am humbly reminded that every day is a gift, and I need to walk in the Light. I need to let Him guide me through each day. I need to listen to His still, quiet voice...Yeah I know for me that's a stretch. I'm never still long enough to catch my breath.

As I write this, our dear neighbor of ten years is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I am awed by the faith she has in God. I am humbled by the fight she has within her to beat the demon we know as cancer. Hunter, in his six year old wisdom said to me, "Mommy, why are you sad? We are just going to pray and Jesus is going to make her better." The faith of a child and the living testimony of one who is dwelling in God's amazing grace reminds me to walk daily in the His unfailing light.