Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wii Fit

Every year my in-laws give each of their boys and their wives a check as part of their Christmas gift. It is a very generous check that Paul and I greatly appreciate. It is unaccounted for, not for bills or practical use-it's for f-u-n. That spells fun.

This year I decided I would hold off on my purchase to see what kind of games became available for the Wii. Yes, truth be told, I am a bit of a gamer. Not like, Grand Theft Auto or anything, more like CSI detective type games.

I'm a geek. I admit it. I love the challenge of a good mind bender. I can spend hours on end playing games that require deductive reasoning skills.

I think my mom said it best. "If I hadn't been at the hospital when you were born, I'd swear they switched you." I don't process or think like anyone in my family. Shocker, I know.

Anyway, Wii came out with Wii Fit recently. I found my purchase. I even pre-ordered it to be sure that I would not have to wait while shelves were restocked due to sell out.

It came yesterday. Paul helped me sync it to the Wii. Yeah, Yeah, find my blog on my incompetence with the computer. Anyway...tonight was the big night. I embarked on my journey to Wii Fitness.

Even I know that the technology of this game is unbelievable. Within a matter of minutes, the thing calculated my BMI. That's short for Body Mass Index. It also calculated my Wii age. Depressing at best.

After that it asked me to set fitness goals. This I could embrace. My BMI-yeah not so much.

I have embarked on the Wii fit journey. In 3 months, my BMI should be down 22 points. I'll keep you up to date.

But let me tell you this...I look like a lunatic doing the hula hoop!

No comments:

Walking in the Light

Wow! This year year has been a whirlwind to say the least. I am shocked we are near the half way point in February. Part of me wants to dance. If the start of the year is any indication of how it is going to go, I am happy it's flying by. I will usher in 2009 with bells and whistles.

Yet, I am humbly reminded that every day is a gift, and I need to walk in the Light. I need to let Him guide me through each day. I need to listen to His still, quiet voice...Yeah I know for me that's a stretch. I'm never still long enough to catch my breath.

As I write this, our dear neighbor of ten years is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I am awed by the faith she has in God. I am humbled by the fight she has within her to beat the demon we know as cancer. Hunter, in his six year old wisdom said to me, "Mommy, why are you sad? We are just going to pray and Jesus is going to make her better." The faith of a child and the living testimony of one who is dwelling in God's amazing grace reminds me to walk daily in the His unfailing light.