Monday, February 18, 2008

My Husband the Genius

Okay, so it's no secret that I am by far the most incompetent person in America when it comes to computers. Need someone to tile your bathroom? I'm your girl. Want to faux paint your living room? Give me a call. Haven't filed your taxes yet? No problem, I'm happy to help.

But tell me to be sure I am blocking popups, and you might as well ask me to explain the chaos theory in mathematical equations.

I love blogging. It is a blast. But for more than a week, I have not been able to update my blog from home. Or so I thought. I have been updating from work before I leave for the day. No problem, right? Except, I need to be inspired to write. You know experience an event that prompts me to log on and blog. Sort of like this blog.

But as I said this has been a problem of late due to my-well-computer stupidity. (Don't tell my kids I said stupidity, or I'll owe the "I'm acting like a pig" jar a quarter.)

You see my layout template only shows the Captain Jack picture of Hunter, my profile, and my archived blogs. I asked my blogging savy cohorts. They were baffled. My husband took a shot at it but couldn't figure it out either. Figures, I have single handedly created a computer problem that until I started blogging failed to exist.

I surrendered to the realization that I will post from work. But then, and this is where the title of this blog comes in, my genius husband determined that I somehow enabled a blocker on my tool bar-whatever that means. (I have a tool belt for all of my home projects, but apparently they are two different things.) He was not able to figure out how I did it. But he solved the mystery of what I did. He hasn't been able to undo my mess.

But I can now blog from home. How you ask with burning curiosity?

I can log in to his part of the computer. Because apparently there are several parts to our computer, and we can all have our own section with different stuff on it. Anyway, I can log on to his section and blog from his internet. I don't get how they are different because the icon on the desktop (don't even get me started on that topic) looks the same to me. He still has not figured out what I could have possibly done to create this problem. However, I can blog from home nonetheless. I love my husband-the genius.

No comments:

Walking in the Light

Wow! This year year has been a whirlwind to say the least. I am shocked we are near the half way point in February. Part of me wants to dance. If the start of the year is any indication of how it is going to go, I am happy it's flying by. I will usher in 2009 with bells and whistles.

Yet, I am humbly reminded that every day is a gift, and I need to walk in the Light. I need to let Him guide me through each day. I need to listen to His still, quiet voice...Yeah I know for me that's a stretch. I'm never still long enough to catch my breath.

As I write this, our dear neighbor of ten years is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I am awed by the faith she has in God. I am humbled by the fight she has within her to beat the demon we know as cancer. Hunter, in his six year old wisdom said to me, "Mommy, why are you sad? We are just going to pray and Jesus is going to make her better." The faith of a child and the living testimony of one who is dwelling in God's amazing grace reminds me to walk daily in the His unfailing light.