Sunday, November 4, 2012

Top 10 Things I Have Learned from Running

1.   Pounding pavement is better than pounding your fists.
2.   Sweat washes you from the inside out.
3.   Endurance is earned.
4.   Determination is a decision.
5.   Focus is found in the will to finish.
6.   Goals are only accomplished if you take one step at a time.
7.   Hard work makes a difference.
8.   Strength is built through daily discipline.
9.   It only really hurts when you give up.
10. Sometimes it's the only thing that makes sense.

No comments:

Walking in the Light

Wow! This year year has been a whirlwind to say the least. I am shocked we are near the half way point in February. Part of me wants to dance. If the start of the year is any indication of how it is going to go, I am happy it's flying by. I will usher in 2009 with bells and whistles.

Yet, I am humbly reminded that every day is a gift, and I need to walk in the Light. I need to let Him guide me through each day. I need to listen to His still, quiet voice...Yeah I know for me that's a stretch. I'm never still long enough to catch my breath.

As I write this, our dear neighbor of ten years is fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I am awed by the faith she has in God. I am humbled by the fight she has within her to beat the demon we know as cancer. Hunter, in his six year old wisdom said to me, "Mommy, why are you sad? We are just going to pray and Jesus is going to make her better." The faith of a child and the living testimony of one who is dwelling in God's amazing grace reminds me to walk daily in the His unfailing light.